Wednesday 15 January 2014

2014 Goals

I know I already did goals for my writing, but they were long and short term goals. I want some 2014 goals, and they probably won't be writing specific.

So here we go:

This Year:

  • I'm going to read more. I have TONS of books, and I should use them for more than making a Christmas Tree. (Thanks to Pinterest and my friend, Leanne for that). However, I think I'll leave the stack of the books up, and start from the top. If I've already read it (there are a few of those), and I don't want to read it again, I will give it away. This will be a good way to get rid of books as well. Also if Clint and I move, this plan won't work out, but it's a start. There are photo albums in this tree and journals (because I wanted to include my writing), so those don't count. Not that reading old journals isn't a great idea, but we'll see how I feel. Sometimes, it's a pretty daunting task. This is a picture of the tree after the decorations were taken off.
  •                                                                                                                                                                    
  •  I'm going to try to pay more attention to speeling (haha just kidding) spelling and grammar in all my writing.
  • I'm going to start writing letters to myself again. That may sound strange, but I wrote myself letter from nine years old until 19 to open on the day I turned 20. I did the same thing from 20-29. Unfortunately, I wrote a lot less. Here I am, 33, and I haven't written any letters to my future self. My forty year old self is going to be upset! So I'll be doing some catching up with myself. I should also find the old ones. Not sure where they are. I know I still have them though.
  • I'm going to do more journal writing. I say this every year, and I'm really good at writing on the bad days. However, my bad days aren't as bulk as they once were. Yay! So I need to work on gratitude writing as well as worries, doubts and sadness. Basically, I can write anything I want in my journal. I'm not restricted. It's the place I allow myself to complain about things nobody but me need to worry about. I guess the letter writing is kind of similar. It's not though. They're two completely different things. I miss journal writing.
  • I'm going to try my hardest to do something with my book. I'm good at procrastinating. I'm good at not trying as hard as I should. I'm not very good at quitting, but I'm good at leaving it or ignoring it. I can't do that with my book. I have to try. I guess if I can't find a publisher, I can self publish. That will be a last resort though.
  • I'll start a new novel.
  • I will blog.
  • Last, I found a pin that has photo or writing prompts for months. I'm going to start with February, and see how I go from there. Once again, that will be posted on here. As I did today, that means there will be more than one entries a day because I spent too much time in my last blog trying to do say too many things in one entry. Short and sweet this time. (Just like me.)
That's it. Until tomorrow. (Hopefully, but seriously, no promises.)

Also, I'm adding a picture of the snow. Why? I don't know. I was looking for an appropriate picture to add from my Nexus pictures, and this one popped up. I took a regular picture while it was snowing, but for some reason the snow is actually snowing. I don't know why, but I like it! So Happy Winter. 



©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment