Thursday 30 January 2014

Fears and Frustrations


I've been feeling so proud of myself, and happy that I will soon have a manuscript that I can start submitting to publishers. I was really hoping that somehow, I would have a book published this year.

Now that I've started researching publishers, I'm pretty sure I was overly confident about that. I have assumed from the start that my novel would not be chosen by some publishers. I'm okay with that. It's life and I'm new to the writing world. What I didn't realise was you can only send to one publisher at a time. I also didn't think about the fact that it will take that publisher 4-8 months to get back to you. Which means, if and when the first publisher doesn't want to be MY publisher, I'll have to wait another half a year for the next one.

I'm just finding it all kind of daunting. I won't let it scare me enough to stop, but it is something I'll worry about.

There is only one way to find out, I guess. I will probably start mailing out in a couple months. I just have to pick which publisher I want to send to first.

I don't know who is reading this, but if anybody does have advice for a panicked, unpublished writer, feel free to leave a comment, email if you can, or find me on twitter. I'm around.

Now to focus on good and non scary things.

No comments:

Post a Comment