Sunday 26 January 2014

Writing Challenge Day 14-16

http://blog.writersmarket.com/whats-new/2014-get-started-write-challenge-day-14

Day 14
'Today’s task, start a Facebook account AND send me a friend request.'

I'm not following through with this one. First because I already have a Facebook account. Second because I use Facebook for my personal life. I use my twitter to share my blog and writing aspirations openly. I don't want an open profile on Facebook. One step at a time, I guess. Someday, I may change my mind about keeping it private, but for now, I'm not ready to open up my life to anybody. I do communicate my accomplishments with my friends, and share my blog. One step at a time. It took me a really long time to make my twitter account open. It's open now.

Day 15

http://blog.writersmarket.com/whats-new/2014-get-started-write-challenge-day-15 'For today’s task, join at least one more social media site.'

Right now, I'm on Facebook (privately), Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, GoodReads, StumbleUpon and Pinterest. I share my writing on all of these. I think if I were to join another Social Network, I'd choose LinkedIn. It is meant to be a more professional, so I hear. I've actually been resisting it because it feels like there are only so many profiles I need. However, it is a task I can do, so I've just joined it. I'm not sure how often I'll use it, but there's only one way to find out.

Just one quick note, I didn't use to talk about my writing at all on any of my social media sites(except for my old blog). Now I talk about it on FB and Twitter. I provide links on Pinterest and Google Plus, and I take pictures of writing related things on Instagram. As soon as I figure out the point of LinkedIn, I'll be sure to continue the trend.

Day 14 and 15 are finished. Only tons more to go... and I still have to do writing blog entries along with these ones. Although, I haven't gone much farther on my editing, so I don't have any catching up to do yet for that.

Day 16: Twitter chat...

Here is another thing I didn't do. I didn't check the Challenge this day, so I missed the Twitter Talk. I was only half there the last time, as it was during work.

E




No comments:

Post a Comment