Friday 28 February 2014

Feb 20 Engagement story? Oh oh... like in my novel??

20.   Engagement story

It should be obvious by now that I don't have an engagement story of my own, and while I know of many stories that are wonderful, they aren't my story to tell.  I think rings are pretty. (good story right?)

The next topic is Marriage story, and I have a rant that could work for this one OR the marriage story, so I think I'll wait and use it then.

If I ever get a real story, I'll come back here and tell it.

I did do an engagement story in my novel actually. In a game of scrabble, a boyfriend looked at his girlfriend gloating about a high score, and thought to himself 'I want to spend the rest of my life with her.' So he asked then and there. No ring, no big impressive show. He just told her how he felt, and she said yes. They bought a ring later. This won't ruin the novel. It's not the main characters. So maybe something simple is what I'd like, if that's what I'm writing in my novels. Or maybe, it's just the way I thought the proposal between those two characters would go.


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment