Wednesday 28 May 2014

Writing Related Wishes

May 28

A genie grants you three writing-related wishes: what are they and why?

Good question.

First of all, I'd request that my procrastination go away for two hours a night so I can write and edit. I still want to be able to look up and smile at C, but I don't want to be distracted by anything else. I know, I can learn to do that on my own, but it would also be easier if it was just a snap of the fingers: no procrastination. Kind of like a reminder that I love what I do, so why procrastinate in the first place?

Patio in Saskatoon

Second: I'd like to be published. I want my first choice of publishing house to say, "Yes, we want to publish your book." I'm not saying I don't need to edit it and work with them to make it perfect, but I want to get my chance. This is basically a wish I am working on doing on my own, but I'm guessing a 'Writing Inspired Genie' can make it happen more instantaneously.

Mailing manuscript to a Publisher

Third (and Last): This is the only one that is more like a real wish. The other two, I believe I can make happen (just not as quickly as a wish would). I wish I could travel and write. In other words, have an income from my writing that would allow me (and C) to travel the world while I write my next book(s). In reality, I don't have high expectations on making enough money to be a full time writer, even with a published book or two (or five), but this is about writing wishes, and I am wishing for the world! I could also win the lottery.

Our feet in Mexico

Or, of course, I can just do it all on my own. It'll just take longer.

Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment