Friday 20 June 2014

The ULTIMATE TGIF

June 20, 2014

I leave for Newfoundland at 8:50 tonight. Actually, we leave for Calgary (going backwards), and then catch a flight from Calgary to Newfoundland. We'll arrive in Newfoundland at 8 am (Newfoundland time).

Then we'll rent a car, have breakfast, and explore St John's until we are exhausted! (more exhausted).

This will be  my last post. Probably my last post until July, but we'll see how I feel on the 30th. I am sticking to the decision to not bring my laptop. It will be a journal writing and book reading trip (you know, when I'm not actually being a busy tourist).

This means I have to get all the topics I've been thinking about now.

Family
The last trip with just my family was when I was 12 or 13. We went to LA. (Other than camping).

It'll be interesting. Luckily, I think my family, is pretty much the best, so all should go smooth.

Newfoundland
I consider Newfoundland to be my first exciting and memorable trip in my adult life. Or... and experience that brought me closer to adulthood. Because let's face it, at 17, I was no adult. Just moving onto a new journey.

The reason I am so excited to go to Newfoundland with my family is because of all my wonderful memories of the beautiful province.

For a while in my life, I compared the beauty to Newfoundland, to all the new places I went. I wasn't the only one. I can STILL remember my friend, Katie and I in Taiwan. I had met Katie in Newfoundland (in Katimavik), and years later, we travelled to both Thailand and Taiwan together. We were on an Island called Green Island. This place was beautiful! At one point, we both agreed that it compared to Newfoundland. I thought that was interesting because I didn't realise others felt that way about the beauty in Newfoundland. The waves, the mountains, the ocean, the towns. All wonderful.

I don't even need to wonder if it's going to be better or worse this time. I don't believe I have made it better than it was, in my head. I think the trip itself will be completely different, but it will be pretty great to see the place I fell in love with at 17. (16 years ago). I really can't wait.

There will be pictures when I return.

Clint
I have really gotten used to hanging out with Clint every day. I enjoy coming home to him. I know when he goes back to work, I'll have to get used to the distance, but I've been extremely lucky to be able to hang out with him this long. I'm going to miss him this week. A lot. He will be just a text and a phone call away, but I'll still miss him.

So, in my obvious, and always, I love Clint mood, here are some things that have struck me as awesome lately. In no particular order: 


  • Tells me I'm beautiful every day. (Without fail or prompts).
  • Tells me he loves me every day. (As do I to him).
  • Supports my decisions. (Any decision).
  • Encourages me. (He knows I can do things that I don't know I can do).
  • Tells me I'm smart even when I'm doubting it. (There is kind of a story to this one, because let me be clear: I don't think I'm stupid. Sometimes though, I'll say something like, "I don't think I'm smart enough for this movie." Usually a science fiction movie. I don't actually think I'm dumb, but I don't always 'get' what I watch. He gets frustrated when I say that because he knows I am smart. It's nice to hear it, and have somebody else know it.)
  • Makes sound effects when he plays games because he knows I love it. And I do it myself. (He was just doing this the other night, and it made me laugh because he's right. I do it ALL the time!)
  • He's damn cute. (Obviously)
Work:
I love my job, but I am looking forward to a week break. Sometimes it's the coming back to a job that make you realise you love it. I've been frustrated more than I need to be, and hope to come back with more appreciation for it.

Friends:
Love them. I actually, have nothing to say on this topic, it just feels like I should mention that I have GREAT ones.

I think that's it for today.

I will be back at the end of June. Happy next week!


And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment