Wednesday 23 July 2014

Creative Writing Prompts: sharing my writing...

July 17

This is it. I'm sharing my writing. (After I write it). I'm actually using my writing prompts to do some Creative Writing. I haven't shared in quite a while, and never on this blog. (Shared fiction, or stories that is).

I'm using a post from Monday as inspiration. Here. I'm trying to put myself in the place of somebody who didn't ask for things to be shared. I had actually hoped to try out some 'comedy', but obviously, after Monday's post, this isn't comedy.

Also, I apologize for any errors. I'm not perfect at grammar, and even though I do read it over a couple of times, I may still miss things. 

This is the prompt: 
“Her coffee cup slipped right out of her hand and smashed into a thousand pieces on the kitchen floor…”
    
     Her coffee cup slipped right out of her hand and smashed into a thousand pieces on the kitchen floor. She didn't react to the mess. She slowly looked up from her phone.
    
    "You okay?" I asked her, while grabbing the broom. She didn't answer me as I swept around her. Finally, she stepped over the mess and grabbed the wine from the fridge while grabbing two glasses.

    I laughed. "Wine now? No more coffee? You thought it would look better on the floor?"

    "Anna?" She sat down at the table. "Come sit down."

    I set the broom against the wall and sat down after throwing the broken glass away. She poured the wine and handed it to me. "What's going on? What was on your phone?" I was feeling pretty nervous. Jane didn't freak out often.

    "You... I ..." She shook her head, as though trying to clear it. "Did you share any pictures of yourself with anybody? You know? Naked ones?"

    I tried to look shocked, but started to panic. "What's on your phone?"

   "Anna! Why would you do that?" She gave me her best smart older sister look.

    "I've only ever sent one picture. I texted Blaine a picture when we first started dating."

    "When you first started dating??" she asked. "Why would you do that? You didn't know how long you were going to last!"

    "It was an impulse. He asked, and I thought it would be sexy. I kind of regretted it after I sent it, but I guess I forgot about it."

   "Even after you two broke up? Did you forget about it?"

    "Well, kind of. I mean, he told me he deleted it months ago. I trusted him," I said. "Why? Why are you asking? What are you looking at?"

   "How bad did things end?" she asked.

   "I told you! Why? Can you just tell me what is going on?" I tried to grab the phone from her. 

   She pointed to my wine glass instead. "I don't think you told me enough. You only told me the parent allowed stuff. Was he a bad guy? Why did you guys break up?"

   "I didn't want to be with him anymore. I told him we were over. I felt like we weren't going anywhere." I drank my wine. "You KNOW this. That's why I'm here! I moved out. We didn't make it any more then six months living together."

   "He was a jerk? You can tell me! Was he mean to you? Do stupid things? Was he really angry when you broke up?"

    "Jane! Come on! This is ridiculous. Yeah. He was angry. He thought we could just stay together. I wasn't happy, and he didn't even know I wasn't happy. He wasn't really a jerk. He just didn't put any effort into anything. It wasn't until I left that he seemed super angry. Like he knew it was really happening I guess."

    She poured us more wine. "Drink this -NO, wait!" She stood up, and grabbed a shot glass and a bottle of tequilla from her cupboard.

   "I really hate tequilla," I said.

   "Drink it, you'll be happy you did. I don't have any chasers." She looked around. "Meh, just chase it with your wine."

   "Jane, can you just tell me what's going on?"

   She poured us each a shot, and handed it over. "Drink it."

   It already felt like I had a lump in my stomach, but I did as she said. I took the shot, and a big drink of my wine to chase away the flavour. That's why they call it a chaser, right? 

   She poured us more wine.

   "Jane, I'm not done the glass I have. What is going on? Just tell me. I'm a big girl, I can handle it."

    She sighed. "I follow him on twitter. You know - because I follow everybody. I was just looking at it."

   "And?"

   "You really don't know what I'm going to say?" She stared at me.

    "No," I said. I was only half telling the truth, but didn't want to say it out loud. I had to hear it.

    "He posted a picture of you. Naked. No clothes. Everything. Everything, Anna. Why did you send it to him?"

    "Why did he do that?" I asked. Even while asking, I was trying my hardest not to believe it. "He wouldn't do that."

   "Anna, I just had to see my sister naked on social media. Don't play naive now." She passed me the phone.

   I picked it up, but didn't look at it. I took a long drink of my wine. I wouldn't look at her. Finally, I picked up the phone, and looked. I quickly dropped it back down. Above the picture it said: #myexgirlfriend. That was it. No explanation. Just a picture of me for no reason.

   "I'm sorry!" Jane tried to reach for my hand.

    "How do we get it down? How many people have seen it? I need to go over there!"

    "Over there? To Blaine's? Why?" When I refused to grab her hand, she took her phone back and shut it off.

     "Why? To kill him! To KILL HIM! I don't deserve this? Why would he have done this?"

     "You aren't going to kill him!" she protested.

     "We'll see! Let's go!" I stood up and grabbed my coat. I felt like putting five more layers on to protect myself from all the people who may have seen my nude selfie. 

       "You aren't going. Sit back down. I've reported the picture, and hopefully they'll take it down soon. You going over there isn't going to help. You're too angry. And I'm guessing he's too angry."

     "Why did I send him that picture?" I sat down next to her. "I'm so stupid."

      "You aren't stupid. You made a mistake, but he made a worse one. Why would he post it? Why did he take that huge trust you had in him and do this?"

     Calming down a little, I looked over at her. "What are we going to do?" I asked her.

       "I don't know," she said. "Hope they pull it down I guess, and hope not many people saw it."

     "I'm not even looking at my phone. I don't want to know if anybody has seen this and are texting me about it! Oh GOD! This never happened to the woman in Sex and the City!" I was trying to joke, but couldn't even crack a smile at it.

      "They probably didn't have cameras or know how to use Twitter." She tried to joke back, but wasn't smiling either.

     "Jane?"

    "Yeah," she said.

     I looked at her with horror. "Mom and Dad don't know how to use Twitter do they?"

The Kind of End


Obviously, that's not the end. It is for now though. I don't really think I can imagine to the full extent how heart broken I'd be if somebody I had once loved shared something they shouldn't have. I guess, I'd eventually try to use humour, but I don't know if that would actually help. I don't know. I do know... it won't actually happen to me. So I will stick to just imagining.

My next creative writing prompt (whenever that will be), won't be about the same thing. 

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry if it wasn't as great as it could be. It's kind of like a quick writing assignment. There isn't a lot of time to make it perfect, and I actually don't know how I would. 

Until next time...



And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment