Thursday 3 July 2014

JULY IS HERE

July 3
I'm a bit late getting this out. I was working on my trip post. It's full of pictures and adventures, and was fun to write. http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/07/my-family-vacation.html Now for the real blogging. I'm back at it!

It's a new month!

Life:
Life's pretty good. I'm happy, I'm in love, I'm attempting to be stress free. I've got a lot more adventures coming my way, and am excited to begin another great summer in Saskatoon.

I just got back from Newfoundland, and loved the time spent with my family, and the beautiful Newfoundland scenery.


I don't quite know what our plans are for the rest of the summer (or where C will be working), but it's going to be a blast. I'm going to spend as much time outside as I can.

Novel/Writing:
Here is how I'm feeling about this topic...

Next Monday it will be three months since I sent my Query in. I haven't written a lot since then. I've blogged like crazy, and loved every minute of it, but I haven't done a lot of writing or editing. I've been busy, but I'm not sure that 'being busy' is an excuse.

Waiting isn't an excuse either. I could have been half way done a new novel by now.

No reason to worry or feel guilty about what I haven't done. It's time to start writing.

Today I read something that inspired me. It made me think about a character in You Stand by Family. A character I wasn't planning to write about. I was going to leave her with only mentions in my next one, but ever since I read the quote, I can't stop thinking about her. I think I"m going to have to alter my plan. The first book was about Lucy, and the second was going to be set a year later with her younger sister, Kristy, as the main character.

I had started the Kristy novel, and couldn't get past the first page. I figured it would come. Now I know, it won't YET. I need to focus on Jenna. She's not a character I was ready to deal with, and possibly never would. My fickle brain is telling me something different.

I'm going to do one more edit of the first novel, and then I'm going to write about Jenna. It's harder because she's not family, but she has a lot of connections.

So that's my update. I can't wait to get to it. Writing every night is going to be my new goal. It's time.



Love:

I fall in love with this guy more and more every day. What else is there to say?

This Time Last Year:
 I didn't do a lot of blogging in 2013, as I said before. These will be a lot more interesting in 2015. Here's what I was doing on fb:

I shared this one because I kind of started Game of Thrones, and then I set it aside. I'm still working on it (after a damn year). Hopefully I'll start reading it again soon.

And on Instagram: I shared a photo of Mom and Dad on their wedding day. This weekend, we will be celebrating their 40th. My sister and I went to the Hip. First time I've seen them. And the weather was gorgeous!




I have to go write now!

And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

2 comments: