Tuesday 8 July 2014

The basics about me

Basic things about yourself

I thought this post prompt was funny because I would assume I've mentioned basic things once or twice... but have I? I talk about big things, and little things, but I don't know if I've ever just done a blog entry introducing myself.

  • My name is Erin Leah McCrea. My middle name is pronounced Lee. 
  • My parents are Nancy and Richard, and they just celebrated their 40th anniversary. 
  • I was born on September 11th, 1980. (That makes me 33).
  • My sister is 2 years older than me. She was born October 11th. She's one of my best friends. 

  • I have blue eyes and my hair is sometimes light brown.
  • Speaking of hair. I've shaved mine off twice, for no real reason. I won't do it again. 
    Shaved head at 18 (and fearless), full head of hair at 33 (still fearless, but with a funny face).
  • I grew up in a town of 200 people, but don't feel like a small town girl. Or like I belonged in the small town. 
    My school. From K to 12.
  • I graduated high school in 1998.
  • I went to Katimavik - a government funded Canadian program a month after I graduated. It was nine months. I found it in a writing magazine, and have never regretted the decision to go. I travelled to Newfoundland, Ontario and Quebec.
  • I always knew I'd go to University, but took one more year off to work before I went. (Two years in all). I graduated with a BA in English in 2004. 
  • I went to Korea a year later because the BA in English did not help me get a job. I taught English for a year, and broke up with my boyfriend of five years a month in. At the time it was the toughest thing I've ever done. 
  • I learned a lot about myself that year. I was fearless for a while. 
  • After floundering a little when I returned a year later, I decided to try out Broadcasting. I went to the Western Broadcasting College in Saskatoon. 
  • I have yet to be a paid broadcaster, but discovered I love Creative Writing for radio. I have written in Melfort, SK. I've done sales in Whitecourt, AB, and am now back to Writing in Saskatoon. (And have been here for three years).
  • I have been writing short stories since I figured out how. I want to say 8 to 10 I started writing, and haven't stopped. I stopped writing fiction for a while, and just focused on non-fiction, but am back on the fiction track.
  • I have now spoken at 3 funerals. That seems like a lot to me. It meant a lot to be asked.
  • I love social media. It's made me lazy though. I find it so easy to catch up with friends through Facebook, that I rarely call people anymore. I still love it. I love sharing, and I love learning.
  • I'm around 5'2 in height, but I usually lie and say 5'3. I've got extremely petite legs. Extremely. My parents are both tall.
  • I have learned that the best way to live my life is to be grateful and appreciative of all I've got. Life hasn't always been perfect or fair, but I'm here to tell about it. http://lifeisgoodandhereisproof.blogspot.ca/
  • I will get my book published. And I will consider EVERY time I try to be one of the bravest things I've done.
  • Clint and I have been together for a little over 2 years. We are going to grow old together. It doesn't matter where or how, we just will.  Although I wouldn't mind the ring and marriage, I don't even really care as long as I'm with Clint, I know I'll be happy.
  • I love animals, and basically think that's the only reason for home ownership. I don't own a house in Saskatoon, so I have no pets. I used to though. And I miss them all the time.
  • I'm 33 and I still don't know if I want kids. Basically, I'll be happy with or without them. 35 is the age I've given myself to stop wanting them (for sure), and be okay with my life. I'm okay with it no matter what.
  • I'm shy and I'm quiet, and sometimes I'll blush when I'm telling a story. When you get to know me, I'm not shy and I'm not quiet, but I'll probably still blush when I'm telling a story.
  • My dad hasn't had a drink in over 30 years. He's pretty awesome. I am well aware of what can happen if I am not careful. I enjoy drinking, and am a social drinker, but I do try to stay away from drinking binges. (I'm to old for the three day hangover either way). I fully admit I like drinking though.
  • I hate bananas, feet and birds. But mostly bananas. I won't even eat breads or cakes or have drinks that have bananas. I'm grossed out just thinking about it.
  • On the other side of things, I could pretty much live off of mushrooms and cheese.
  • I don't look tough, but I am. Emotionally I mean. Physically, I'll cry if you pinch me. Emotionally, I can handle a lot.
  • Actually, I can handle a lot, but I cry more than I should. It's how I get out frustrations. It's not because I can't handle it, it just helps me deal with it. I cry when I'm mad, I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I'm happy. I'm still tough as hell.
  • I love to read, and am trying to expand the genres I read. 
  • I used to watch A LOT of TV. I rarely watch it now. It makes me fat and lazy.
  • I love music. I love hearing a song, and having it take me back to a time in life that I completely forgot about until that moment. Rock, Alternative, Country, 90s... I love it all.
  • I have fucking fantastic friends. I don't swear often on my blog (lots in real life though,) so you know how fantastic they are. So many great ones. I'm incredibly lucky. They're always looking out for me. From near and far. I'm going to single two out, but they're all great: I think my life is so much better with Karen and Denise by my side.
  • I love taking pictures. Obviously.
Okay... basically, I can go on about basic things for quite a while, can't I? I don't know if all of these are basic. Depends what you consider basic, I guess. I like saying the word basic.

Thanks for reading.


And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment