Monday 14 July 2014

Writing Life Monday

July 14

Seems like it's a writing Monday kind of update.

I was on a roll for a bit last week. It may have been the excitement of my new desk. I wrote everyday while C worked on the his computer at the desk next to me. It was great.


I seem to have slowed down lately. I'm worried with C gone to work, I won't be motivated to write. That sounds terrible, and I know all I need to do is actually write. Once I start, I know all will work out.

My plan is to write an hour each night. No excuses.

I am happy with what I've written so far. It's a story I hadn't imagined would branch off from the original novel, and a character I wasn't prepared to deal with. I like how it's going, but I'm more excited for what's to come. It's taken some time from editing, which is too bad. I haven't quite learned how to multi-task my writing. It'll be great to learn because than I'll get novel writing, editing, AND blogging done in one night. I'm still working on the balance.

Shutting off Netflix might be a start.

Also, it's been four months and a week since I sent my novel in. I'm finding myself waiting for the mail to appear at my desk more than I was a week ago. I think if I do get mail, that pretty much means I won't be getting published with my first option, but I don't actually know that for sure. I'm guessing I'll hear by email (if it is a yes), but again, I have NO idea how it works.


Thanks for reading.


And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment