Friday 19 September 2014

Earliest Memory and Disney Sundays!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Errr, I've been meaning to post, and for some reason, I haven't really felt like it. My last post http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/09/disappointment.html wasn't really a happy one. I tried to be optimistic. Not sure if I was. Anyway, I'm going to make this one a little more lighthearted. I pulled another of the prompts from my 'blog prompts'. This one seemed fun.


What is your earliest memory?

Over time, I remember it less and less, and now it's more like I remember my memory. Does that make sense? I don't think it does, but have no better way to explain it. I no longer remember it, but I remember thinking about it. A memory of my memory. 

It's short. Basically, I remember walking to the neighbours (maybe they lived across the street) in North Battleford. I don't remember what happened when I got there, I just remember going there. I was two, so I'm guessing I didn't ask permission before I went. We only lived in North Battleford for the first bit of my life. It's a strange little glimpse into my childhood I guess. I just decided to go to their house, and walked there. I actually have no idea how far I got. For all I know, it was about five steps. I don't know. Like I said, it's a strange memory, but definitely my earliest. I can't even begin to decide what my next memory is.  
Here is a fun one though, that just makes me love my dad even more. He's a kid at heart (in the best possible way), and that's probably why I'm still a kid at heart at times.


We used to eat our Sunday meal in the dining room with our little black and white television on by the table so we could watch the Disney movie. There was always a Disney movie on at 6 p-m. (Anybody my age with two channels growing up will remember.) 


So we'd eat supper, and watch whatever Disney chose for us. We all had our favourites. Before the show came on my dad would chant: "Cartoon Cartoon Cartoon!" He did it to get us excited about the show, and it worked, I probably chanted right along with him. I loved it, actually. It was the highlight of my Sunday! Family time, watching Disney with the family. I'm not sure what age I was when we started watching it, but it was a great tradition. The world needs more Sunday night Disney movies. I'm also pretty sure our Sunday meal was grilled cheese and soup. Something we all loved!



My Dad now, as we 'Cheers' our Cod Tongue in Newfoundland. (That was my idea because I am DEFINITELY a kid at heart!)
My Dad and I.

Maybe the age of my first memory.

SIDE NOTE, It's doing that highlighting text thing again, it seems like fixing it would be easy... it's not. Not sure how to... Any advice, I'll take it.

And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment