Wednesday 10 September 2014

The last day of my 33rd Year

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's my last day of being 33, and I wish I was more excited about turning 34. I wanted to get more done by the time I turned 34. 

35 has always been a deadline of sorts, so I have a lot I want to do this year.

I'm turning 34, and feeling a bit leery of what's to come. I have to make decisions, and decide what I really want. Babies, marriage, full blown writing career... it's all up to me, and I have to figure out what I want to do. In the future, I won't regret not having babies or not getting married, but I still need to make a decision. I know I'll be happy that I have Clint no matter what we decide.

However, in the future, I'll regret not having my book published, and I'll regret not writing more. Going into my 34th year, I think I need to focus more on my writing, and less on what I think I need to be happy. The truth is, I am happy with my relationship, and there is no reason to stress out with my need for more. I can't solve it. The thing I can solve is my writing. I can send it out to more publishers, and I can write more. I haven't written as much as I know I can. It's time to write. This will be my year of writing and focusing on getting published.

Since my birthday is tomorrow, I thought I'd share a previous post. Things I wanted to do before my birthday.
http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/06/things-to-do-before-my-next-birthday.html

I updated it as well in August with what I've done.
http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/08/august-blog-challenge-share-old-blog.html

There are a couple things from that list I haven't done. 

I'm not going to list everything again because I've done it twice. The thing I'm most happy about is how much I've laughed. With friends, with family, with Clint. I've been lucky.

For the things I haven't done: 

  • I haven't figured out what's going to happen next with my book.
  • I'm pretty sure I haven't made it to my goal weight.
  • I didn't finish the Game of Thrones series
  • I didn't go to Shakespeare on the Sask... I ran out of money.
  • I didn't catch a fish. We tried.
  • I didn't write as many letters as I wanted.
  • I didn't get up and exercise every morning.
Here are some things I want to do in the next year.



  • I want to be more brave.
  • I want to eat healthy and exercise.
  • I want to write.
  • I want to continue being grateful for every little moment in my life.
  • I want to continue laughing with Clint every day.
  • I want to spend as much time with my family as I can.
  • I want to spend as much time with my friends as I can.
  • I want to be happy with my life. Not wanting more, but happy with what I've chosen.
That's it. Talk to you all when I'm 34.

And continue drinking wine in my next year.

This is what I look like on my last day of 33.



Until next time.


And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment