Wednesday 29 October 2014

My Title For Wednesday: #nanowrimo

Wednesday, October 29

I've not done very good at writing blog posts lately. (Or titling them). 

I just saw a Tweet that referred to November as Writember. I like it. Clint can have Movember, and I can have Writember.

I want to start the Blog Post prompts again, but thought I'd do a quick update first. I've been slowly prepping for NaNoWriMo. I don't usually do character outlines, or book outlines, but in this case, I think it might make 30 days of constant writing (while also working), a lot easier.

I haven't done any of that yet though. What I have done is clean off my desk so my laptop will fit.







 I've also planned out what I will need to do to get 50,000 words.


  • One page is AROUND 320 words. (That's rounding down so I'll do more.)
  • To get 50,000 words in 30 days, I will need 1,667 words a day. (Sounds Daunting) 
  • This will be an average of 6 pages per day for 30 days.
6 pages doesn't sound like much does it? BUT, if I get behind or miss a day, that means I'll be bumping up one day to 12 pages. That sounds like a lot, and definitely puts the 6 pages into perspective. 

I really want to do this. I'll be buying wine today so I have something to bribe myself with. It works, believe me. That's how I wrote my last novel. (The last novel took a year, and this one's first draft will take a month, so I'll have to actually follow through on my bribes.) It's to bad our 30 bottles of wine (pictured) isn't ready yet because that would be very convenient. 


I like having goals, and I know I can write a second book, but I've never really been good at time frames. I don't like deadlines. I have enough of them at work. 

IF this works, I can write one book a year. First draft done in the month of Writember, and all the other drafts in the next year. Done. 

I just have to do the test run to see if I can do it. No sense in making the plan if I am unable to do it. I do know I can finish another novel, I just mean the NaNoWriMo method might not be for me. We will see.

I think I'll have to really put all my effort into it. That will be hard. I'll have to plan for days I know I won't be able to work on it, and work ahead throughout the week. Or on the weekend. I also may become a bit of a hermit on my weekends because those are the best writing days. Coffee and writing in the morning. Wine and writing in the afternoon/evening, ending with tea and writing at night.

By the way, I said in my last post that this week was the one to be as social as possible, but that hasn't really worked out. Everybody seems to be super busy this week (or sick), so I still have lots of catching up to do with friends.  I have NO idea how I'm going to do that, write a novel, and not get sick myself.

One other thing, I think I should warn everybody in advance because I'm sure that my main posts through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, AND this Blog will be NaNoWriMo. I know this because it's already happening. 

In fact, I'm going to be completely selfish about it, and if it does take time away from life, I will have to forgive myself for it because THIS IS IMPORTANT. I'm not good at sitting down and writing. I should be because it's my dream, but I'm not. This month, I will be sitting down and following my dream. (For the second time, and not including being published because that would be cool too, and the ultimate dream.)

Okay, so until next time. I don't know when that will be. Probably when I'm procrastinating from writing in November. Don't forget... call me out on it!! (Unless it's during a week day, that's not my writing time, that's my work writing time.) (Which isn't blogging time, but, whatever works.) 





And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment