Monday 3 November 2014

I really Love Writing

November 3

I forgot how much I loved writing. This has happened more than once in my life (sadly). I tell people I love to write, but then I don't do it. I don't write, and I slowly forget that it's a passion. How do you forget what your passion is?

I mean, I really love it, and not only that, but I REALLY missed it. 

I'm doing well with the NaNoWriMO. To be perfectly honest, I'm a little bit surprised with how much I've written. (I still have about 40,000 words to go, but I've got a good start.) Today, while at work, ALL I WANT TO DO IS WRITE. I am so invested in my story.

I wrote around 5000 words on both Saturday and Sunday. That's more than I had planned, and I really hope I can keep it up.



I think I convinced myself during recent months that blogging was enough. And don't get me wrong, I love blogging. I love my 'online journal', but I also love writing stories. 

I am completely in love with the writing of my new novel, and I'm getting attached to the new characters, it's crazy. 

I'm writing about a character from my first novel. She wasn't a main character. Her role was important, but there weren't a lot of details about her. I'm learning a lot about her already, and I'm also a bit surprised at her stubborn nature, as well as how strong she is. 

I didn't write an outline before I started (even though I did consider it), so I had no idea where the story would be going. I have a better idea now, and it's going to introduce a few new characters into the mix (that I hadn't considered). 

I just need to find a way to make her laugh more, and then I'll be set. (Or she'll be set... I'm not sure anymore).

That's my nanowrimo update. It's reminding me that I love this. If writing fiction COULD actually be my one and only career, I would be very happy. I do love my day job, but it's becoming really clear to me that a life of writing would be a dream. I can make my dream come true by simply writing -whether or not it's done full time or not. I'd like full time though. I can do that anywhere.

I'm feeling quite happy and care free today. I wonder if it's because of the writing?

 I wasn't feeling as care free last night when I was trying to sleep, but that's because I kept thinking about where Jenna (the main character) was at that moment.

Okay, after work, I'll head home, and jump back into my novel.


By the way, if you have a moment check out this: 12 Attributes Every Writer Needs. I really enjoyed it. If you're a writer, you should appreciate it. 

HAPPY MONDAY ALL!

And as always:


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment