Tuesday 30 December 2014

Best of 2014, Things to come in 2015

December 30, 2014

This will be my last post of 2014.

I've had a good year, so I'm going to talk about what I'm grateful for, as well as some hopes for 2015. I'll probably repost the 'resolutions' in the New Year. 

First of all, here were my 2014 goalshttp://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/01/2014-goals.html

Basically here is what I wanted to do. I've shortened it a lot from the original post. Explanations are linked above.  Italics are how I did.

Read More. (I read - not more.)
Work on spelling and grammar. (I try.)
Start writing letters to future me. (Future self isn't impressed so far, but Clint has a bunch of future love notes to read.)
Write in my  journal more. (I can't remember the last time I looked at my journal. Or where it is.)
I'm going to try to do something with my book. (I think I thought I'd have had a response from a publisher by now, when in fact I'm still waiting before I send it out again. However, I did follow through.)
I'll start a new novel. (I did, but it took me until November, so it's not finished.)
I will blog. (SUCCESS!) 
I will do blog or photo prompts. (I do when I don't have other things to discuss in posts.)

I think I was easy on myself with the 2014 goals.

Here are some things I'm grateful for as 2014 ends:

I'm most grateful that I'm now calling myself a writer. It took me a lot of years to admit that I'm a writer, and a lot of years to start writing while calling myself a writer. I wish I had started sooner. I wish I hadn't wasted years not writing because it would have helped. 

I am a writer, and I'm incredibly proud of that. I will continue to write, and I will never lose faith in myself as writer, and I will continue to hope that someday, my writing will be published. Until then, there is always my blog.


I'm grateful for my family. My parents and my sister are my favourite people. We've had a great year, and have spent a lot of time together. That includes an amazing trip to Newfoundland. 

 Clint and I have had a great year. I fall more in love with him all the time. I'm grateful that I found somebody who builds me up every day. I had a lot of Canadian trips this year to be grateful for. Clint and I had a trip to Ontario, where I got to see and meet all of his family. I'd already met a few friends and family. This time I met the rest. 


I'm grateful for my friend near and far. Life would be pretty sad without them. My friendships continue to grow stronger. No pictures for this one. My friends who read this know who they are. 

I'm grateful for hopes for the future, a light heart, and breathing this year.

And the one thing I've learned this year:



Here are my hopes (sigh, resolutions) for 2015:


  • I'm going to spend less time posing unimportant details of my life on Facebook. It's ridiculous how much I post. It's a habit now, and I need it to stop. I'm going to cut back what I post, and hopefully go on it less. Even if I keep my friend's list small, I don't need to share my life. It's mine. All I really need to do is enjoy it. People don't need to know that. Except when I share my blog posts. That will always be shared. 

  • I'm going to spend more time with my real camera and less time with my cell phone camera. It will mean less selfies, but I think I can live with that.

  • I will continue to blog at least three times a week. I'm hoping to do one gratitude post a week on THIS blog, as I'm closing up shop on the Gratitude blog.

  • I will continue to write my novel. I will continue to try and get the other one published.

  • I will read. My goal is one book a month. I'll also post on my book blog about it. 

  • I will exercise and eat right. Eating right is easy, exercising I have to motivate myself to do.

  • I need to spend more time with my friends. Laughing, talking, enjoying life.

  • I'd like to gossip and complain less. I've done it for 34 years, so cutting it out will be as easy as cutting Facebook out. (NOT EASY.) 

  • If the future isn't what I planned, I'll alter my plan and love it anyway. 


That's it. Thanks to everybody who has read my blog this year. It means everything to me. I'll be back in 2015 to blog while working on accomplishing my goals. 

All the best in 2015. 
And as always:


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Prompts from: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/12/updated-prompts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment