Monday 8 December 2014

I miss Nanowrimo!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Here's the truth. I found National Novel Writing Month to be exhausting. EXHAUSTING. 


I didn't know this until after the fact. After it was over, I was exhausted. Mentally, I was exhausted. I didn't realise it until after I was done the 50,000 words though.  


I loved it at the time. I wrote like crazy, I loved what I was writing, I loved that I was writing, and I loved that all I could think about was the next time I would write.

So how do I know it was exhausting? Because since I finished my 50,000 words, I haven't written anymore. I've barely blogged, and I've not looked at my novel since November 20th. 

In my defence, I've had a few other things going on. I did LOADS of Christmas cards to send out to friends and family (they're sent), and I just had Lasik eye surgery. (I've had 20/20 vision since Friday). We have also been decorating and wrapping presents (also done as of the weekend).

I've had time to write though. I know from November how easy it is to write a little bit every day.

My life has been great lately. I'm so full of complete happiness. I am in love with my life, and the only thing that's been bringing me down is the fact that I haven't been writing. I have no excuses, and I'm sure my characters (if they were as real as they are in my head) are seething that they haven't moved on yet. They are stuck in time for no good reason.

I have no excuses, and yet I still haven't written. 

It's the same old story I guess. My most used story. I love to write, but I don't do it like I should. If every month was like November, I'd be pretty happy.

For that reason, I miss NaNoWriMo. It motivated me in a way I didn't expect. I could make every month a writing month. It just hasn't happened yet.

Also, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to be published. Or to hear back from a publisher. It wouldn't make me love writing any more (because I love it regardless), but it would make me pretty happy.  Ecstatic, actually.

In other news, starting in the middle of January, I will have been writing both this blog and my Gratitude blog for a year. I plan to stop with the Gratitude blog. I'll still talk about things I'm grateful for, but not to the extent I had been. I think a year is good. I love my life, and that's proof, but I don't need to share pictures of my great meals on a blog. (That's what Instagram is for). I'll finish it up this month, and do a New Year's post, and then it will be done. I'll still have it online, I just won't update unless I have something REALLY great to talk about. In other words, even as I say I'm going to stop, I keep thinking of 'what ifs.'

This blog will be alive and well though. I kind of love it.

As a closing, here's a picture of me a few minutes after having my eyes 'fixed'.





And as always:


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Prompts from: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/12/updated-prompts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment