Sunday 8 March 2015

Biggest pet peeve.

March 8, 2015

DAY 8

Biggest pet peeve. 
MEAN PEOPLE

This is the part where I admit that, I say catty things. Sometimes, I probably am a mean person because I'm sure many are once in a while without even thinking about it. I try hard not to be. I hate it in myself and in others.

I have more than one pet peeve, I'm sure, but my biggest one is people who go out of their way to make others feel bad.

You see it in countless shows about teens. I can't count the amount of times when girls on a show call one another fat or a slut as an insult. It makes me angry on television shows because young girls are learning from this. Insulting somebody is NOT how you treat them.



If it was just on television shows, or just done by teenagers who shouldn't know any better that would be one thing. I was in high school I know what it was like. I saw girls being mean to one another. Self esteem, hormones, and trying to find a place in life are all excuses.

People should be able to move on from high school. The bullies and the bullied.

Unfortunately, I'm not talking about just teens being mean.

These past few months, it has really been hitting home how often adults are mean to one another as well. The people who are supposed to be role models to the younger generations are purposely mean.

This isn't just about women being mean to one another, but about men and women. I just think everybody needs to be respectful. They aren't.

People should just be nice to one another. Women need to stand up for each other, not against each other. We should be bringing each other up, not knocking one another down.

I feel like I've seen it too much lately. Judgement, words that purposely hurt, actions that purposely hurt. Bullying.

Everybody has beauty in them.

Everybody has it in them to be kind.

Everybody is different, with different thoughts, different styles, and different views on life. That should be celebrated. Not insulted.

I don't think this is something that will change. It's easy to be mean. (As I said at the start, I'm not always innocent). It's unfortunate, but true.

My pet peeve is people who go out of their way to be mean. It's more than a pet peeve. That makes it sound trivial. I just wish it didn't happen as often as it did. (Or ever).



Happy International Women's Day!

March Prompts: Here gets you to another link and here.
As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment