Monday 23 March 2015

Hobbies... and deja vu

March 22, 2015

Day 22 of 31 prompts

Do you have a hobby?


I REALLY thought I had answered this at some point, but looking back I can't find another post to link it to.

Writing:
It doesn't feel right calling writing a hobby because I want it to be more than a hobby. I think that my blogging can definitely be considered a hobby. It's something I do consistently. I don't play games, I don't collect things as a hobby. (Other than what was mentioned in the Things I collect Post.) That's not a hobby though. I don't play sports.

I want writing to be a passion, not a hobby. I guess people are passionate about hobbies which means writing of any kind would be a hobby. 

I looked up the definition so I could be sure.


Blogging is relaxing. It's what I do to de-stress. Writing is my occupation, but not the same kind. I'd like for novel writing to become my occupation. I'm pretty sure blogging won't become anything more than a hobby that I love.

It's something I 100 percent enjoy, and something that puts me at ease. 

Speaking of hobbies, I bought myself a journal today. It's purse size so I'm pretty excited to start using it. It will be good for a 'gratitude' journal, and for anything else that comes to mind.

Clint also wanted me to mention that he introduced me to my new hobby. Fishing. He's correct. I do actually quite enjoy it. It's a great way to relax, and when I get bored, I can always write. It's nice having something we both like doing. (It is FOR SURE his hobby). Also, it's pretty exciting to catch a fish! At least, it was while ice fishing. I have yet to catch one in Saskatchewan during the summer.


 As may be obvious from most of my posts, photography is also a hobby. I love taking pictures. I love making memories.

Happy Monday.

March Prompts: Here gets you to another link and here.
As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment