Sunday 15 March 2015

I'm awesome :)

March 15, 2015
Day 15 of 31 prompts



List 10 things that make you awesome.

I cheated. I texted the first six people on my phone and asked them. This is also called fishing for compliments. 

I asked this: I'm writing a blog entry that wants me to name ten awesome things about me. Can you name one?

In no particular order, here are the comments.

Nehal is my good friend. Practically my twin. She's not in the same city as me, but I've spoken about her before. She's one of my inspirations and encourages me all the time. She's amazing.

  • You are one of the most caring people I know.
  • And one of the most loyal and down to earth.
  • You're an amazing writer.
  • And you're funny and kind.
  • You have a great smile.
Seriously, I'm blushing. Also, she's all of those as well.

Theresa is my friend who lives in the city. We've been friends since the first time I lived in the city (2006). We met through her (EX) boyfriend, and all lived together in a house I rented a room from. She's funny and kind. I'm pretty lucky we stayed friends (and became better friends).

  • One of the kindest, thoughtful, caring, strong women that I know.
As is she. Sometimes when I don't feel like I'm strong, I'll have to look back on this.

Alexis is my work bff. She's the hardest worker I know, and the most confident (and great) new Mom I've seen.

  • When it comes to people you love, you don't care what other people think or suggest. You follow your heart.
I like that. I hope I continue to follow my heart. She's following her dreams (which is following your heart as well), so I think I can learn a lot from her. 

Denise is one of my best friends. Always there for me (and everybody), and I hope I can always be there for her, and learn from her.

  • You are very honest.
  • And accepting. 
  • You are also patient.
And then I made a joke about not being able to wait in line at Starbucks. I don't think that's the kind of patience she was referring to though. I never think of honesty as an 'awesome me thing', but she's right. Also, she shares all those traits as well. (Also, hates to wait in line for Starbucks.)

Jodi is my favourite sister, and also one of my best friends. She's beautiful, smart, and has wonderful independence.

  • Your attitude (I asked her to elaborate because I wasn't sure which part of my attitude.)
  • You look at the positive side and think decisions through so you can live the life you want. 
I do try to look at the positive side of life. It's hard, but easy the longer you do it.

Karen is one of my best friends. She's loving, wonderful, and funny. She's also a great Mom. Her boys are going to learn so much from her.

  • Your confidence is your best quality. Hands down.
  • But you have many! Kind, good listener, fun, strong, brave.
I responded that I knew she'd say confidence. Sometimes she doesn't see the beautiful woman she is. My goal in life is to make her as cocky as I am. Haha. 

Speaking of confidence though, when I saw this question, I immediately thought, 'how will I think of ten things?' My confidence was lacking when I saw this question.

Also, I asked Clint. I figured I should include the love of my life.

  • He said, he thinks I'm awesome. All of me.
  • Also he says he likes my silliness.
I like my silliness as well. I also like his. One of the great things we have going for us.

My list:
  • I think I'm funny. Nobody really said that, except Nehal. My humour is delightful. I make myself laugh quite often.
  • I like to sing terrible songs. Usually on the weekend about how much I love coffee. Only Clint hears them.
  • It took me years, but I'm finally proud to say that I'm a big 'ol nerd. Reading and writing help make me that.
  • I surround myself by great people.
  • My crockpot. It makes me awesome. Prove me wrong. 
  • I cry all the time. Does this make me awesome? Sure. I'm able to get out any anger, any sadness, any frustrations just be letting my eyes cry a little.
  • My jean jacket. I finally got myself one, and now I shop specifically for clothes that go with it. (Almost everything.)

My newest outfit. Spring loving outfit.
  • My family and friends. They make me who I am.
  • My past. My Present. And my future.
  • My packing skills.




Seriously. This is plates wrapped with PJs and pillow cases. Two in one!






There you go. That's what makes me awesome. In my words, and others.

The weekend is almost over, so I'm going to go get ready for the work week.

March Prompts: Here gets you to another link and here.
As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment