Tuesday 17 March 2015

Why I Blog. Why I Started.

March 17, 2015

Day 17 of 31

Why and when did you start blogging?

I kind of did this one before, but with a different prompt: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/08/august-blog-challenge-my-blogging-story.html

I'm not refreshing my memory by reading that though. I'll just go with what I'm feeling today, and answer the question.

I've started blogging more than once.

The first attempt was in 2005.
I started blogging on MSN Spaces. Is that still around?  

I wrote it strictly for friends and family. At that point, I had no Facebook or Twitter to share my stories. That's a good thing because as bad as my grammar is now, it was worse when I started that one. I was TERRIBLE at proof reading. By terrible, I mean I didn't do it.

I basically used is keep people up to date about any travel stories. I started it while I was in Korea. It was a place to share pictures and stories. Usually the stories were funny things that happened. 

I wrote off and on when I returned.

I switched from MSN Spaces to Blogger (the link below) after Korea.

I didn't blog very often. I posted a little when I was travelling in Thailand and Taiwan, but then I did it very sparingly when I moved back.

The reason I started blogging again was because I wanted to talk about a subject that at times felt taboo. I wanted to talk about my miscarriage. At the time, I needed to get it out. I needed to talk about what I had been through. It turned out to be the perfect outlet. 




I started blogging because I didn't want to talk about it with other people. Enough time had passed, I felt like it was something to get out without making somebody listen. I wanted to move on, and I thought the way to do that would be to get everything out. 

Not only did it help, but it also started me writing again.

This blog started January of 2014, and I stopped posting in the the other. I felt like I needed to start fresh without all the sadness. I wanted a blog when my head wasn't fuzzy with sadness. I'm proud that I was able to be honest about the pain, but I'm also glad I'm not still in that place.

I don't blog for the same reasons now. I blog to write. That's not why I started.

One thing remains the same though. It keeps me sane.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

March Prompts: Here gets you to another link and here.
As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment