Thursday 2 April 2015

Dear Child Version of Me

April 2, 2015


Letter Prompts Day Two

A letter to yourself as a child.

Dear Child Me,

You have a great life. I don't think you appreciate it quite yet, but you're incredibly lucky to have the family you do. Although I guess six year old me probably did appreciate life. 


I want to thank you for writing me letters. You started when you (we) were eight, and it's been pretty great to look back on myself as a child. I think it was a pretty great idea, and brilliant for somebody at start a young age to want to do. You were showing your future passion for writing, even then. You were also giving me a glimpse of myself as a child. I would dig one up for this post, but once again, we are packing. Moving to our final home (maybe). 

Your life will be full of ups and downs, and it will seem hard at some points, but I think if you continue with the same attitude as you have at your young age, things will be easy.

I know you are shy and quiet, but at the same time, even when you were young, I'm sure you embraced your weirdness most when you (I) were a kid. You might not embrace it enough when you get into your teen years, but it'll come back to you. 

I don't have a lot of specific memories of us. I do remember how much you loved. How much you loved your parents, and your sister. Your whole family. I remember trips to see grandparents. The cat you're holding in this picture? She was the first death you've had to go through. (Spoiler). Coco was a good cat, and a great first pet for you. I actually still get sad about the loss.

I think our childhood was a good one. It was before things mattered. It was before you let things bother you. You (we) had a temper - you probably weren't as easy going as I'd like to remember. You still have a temper, but we are working on the easy going nature.

You were a romantic. You believed in love, and I'm glad that's finally working out for us. I was able to mostly skip the jaded, and continue looking to be happy.

Basically, this letter is to thank my former self for helping to make me who I am. I'm quite proud of the way you turned out. I wish life had been easier at moments, but you had a great childhood. That's what is important. You had a family that loves you. That's what is important.

Thanks,
Older Me.



Also:
Exercise


I did 100 bicycle crunches. Actually, that's kind of a stretch. I was supposed to do 100 bicycle crunches. I DID 50 bicycle crunches, and 50 regular crunches. I also did 2 30 second planks, and four push ups in the morning.

I did the 7 minute challenge after I got home from work. Hated every second of it, but happy I did it.

Happiness Photo of the Day

Today's photo prompt was Food.

I chose a picture I took on Sunday. I normally would have a picture from the day of, but it's a face! Clint made heart shaped pancakes and made them into a face. Love him. Little me also would have loved them.







April Ideas: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2015/03/challenge-completed.html

As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment