Tuesday 2 June 2015

Poof: May is gone

June 2, 2015

When I was younger, I wrote in a journal. As I grew older, I still wrote in it, but not as much. I still write now, about once every month (if that). Looking back in more recent journals, they always seem to have one thing in common. I comment on the fact that I have not written. I apologise (to myself), and promise I will be better at writing in my journal. 

It is beginning to feel like that trend is following me to my blog. 

I'm not going to let that happen. 

It's been a bit of a crazy month. I have many things to blame. Stress, house making, house selling, work, waiting... but most of all, it's been REALLY nice out. I've been outside as much as I can. 

I have about five different updates, but I don't want to overwhelm one post, so I've already named and saved them, and have them ready to write. I'll be writing/posting one at a time, but I have quite a bit to cover. (This is what happens to slackers/procrastinators). 

How am I going to stop the non writing? Easy. I'm going to write. I might not post every day (in fact, I don't want to post everyday), but I will be writing blog posts every day to post when I'm ready. I can't even guarantee myself that I'll finish one post per day. That's not the point. The point is to write, so I don't have to continue to feel bad about not doing it, and I don't have to have a full paragraph with excuses for not writing. I'd also like to quit promising that I'll do better, and just do better.

We need to talk about May. I'll start posting (and writing) the other ones after today. I'll start with the easiest. Things that have happened in May of 2015. I only wrote three posts this month, and frankly, only one of them was positive, so there is quite a lot to cover. I will be saving some for the other posts though.

Let's get to some gratitude. This involves pictures, and I know I sometimes cheat with photos instead of words, but I love taking photos, and I love sharing my photos. So I will. 

This past month has been all about getting moved in, unpacked, and comfortable in our new home. We had a few other things going on, but those will come soon. It's been a roller coaster of a month, and I'm excited to move on to June. I officially request that time slows the eff down. 



The sun is too bright on my laptop, so I choose the sun.

New cabinet for the kitchen! 

Favourite thing in the world. Reading by the river at lunch.

One day of rain.


My new and beautiful flowers.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE the BBQ. Bacon wrapped hotdogs? Oh yeah.

Dogsitting Mr Noodle.

 
Got hit (again) with a crappy cold. That's not a good thing, just another 'reason' for not writing enough.


Enjoying our backyard.

Top of the Hops


More plants!

We were sad about not being close to a patio for dinners out, until we realised OUR new patio is the best one in the world. 


Starbucks gave me a Gold Card. With my name on it!!!

Grateful for treats like this.

I think one way to help my writing and procrastinating problem is to only allow myself ONLY an hour of Netflix a night. It's easy to get sucked in. We don't have cable, or TV programs other than Netflix - on purpose. I'm happy about that because Netflix is time consuming enough. So I will stop binge watching shows. (As soon as I've finished Grace and Frankie. -I'm LOVING that show!)

Until next time... Hopefully soon. 
Also, TONS of gardening pics in this post: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2015/05/the-bottom.html


As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment