Wednesday 26 October 2016

I'm back. For 30 days at least!

October 25th, 2016

I'm doing some blog prompts to get back into the writing. 30 Days of me.  I just need to do something to start writing again. I'm also going to be doing Nanowrimo this year. Last year I had the broken computer so I didn't finish it. This year, I have my dog and baby and lots of baby activities. I'm going to do it though. I'm going to finish. Then I'll get back to working as hard as I can to get published. 

To start writing, I'm going to start blogging. November 1st is Nanowrimo, so I'll be blogging from now until the end of November to practice. 

I found a list on Pinterest. It originally came from a page called www.livingoffloveandcoffee.com. I'm just going to show one prompt at a time though.

The first prompt is something I've probably done before, but I'm sure things have changed because I've changed.

1. A recent photo of yourself and 15 facts about yourself.

I can't guarantee any of my facts will be interesting. I'll start with a picture. I've added two pictures. This is my life lately. Baby and dog.

I've got baby in my arms and playing with a car tire with my dog. He's stronger than I am, but needs to play. 

I keep telling people how great my baby sleeps. It's slowly starting to change. He's been up once once a night for the past three nights. This is him napping during the day, and me not napping. Darn cute though.


  1. I want to be a writer. I AM a writer, but I want to actually make a living at being a writer. It's something I'm thinking about a lot lately. I want to be published. I want to try harder.
  2.  I miss travelling with all my heart. I lived in Korea for a year, and I thought it was going to be the start of something great. I thought I'd travel all the time. The truth is, I don't know how people afford it. Now, of course, travel isn't a main priority. It doesn't stop me from missing it. However, I'm glad that I got to all the places I did before settling down.
  3. Back to the picture I shared above, I was just thinking about sleep. While I was pregnant, sleep did not come easy. I was up to use the washroom all the time, I had horrible backaches, and terrible heart burn. A lot of people told me to get sleep now before the baby came, or that it was my body preparing me for baby. Even when I was getting up three times a night to feed Anthony at the start, I was getting WAY better sleep after he was born. Pregnancy was not good for my sleep. It's one of those comments from people who have been through it. They think they're helping, but everybody is different. 
  4. As I've mentioned before, I had a miscarriage a few years ago. In my late 20s. I had NO idea what I was doing then, and the pregnancy was an accident, but I had a lot more confidence before I lost the baby. I was SURE I'd make a good mom. This time around, I was constantly struck with the fear that I wasn't going to be good at being a mom. Maybe if I had gone further along into the pregnancy many years ago, the fear would have hit me the same. I was so unprepared back then, but still more confident.
  5. I wrote some notes on my phone when I was in the hospital after I was induced. I just looked at them. This one goes with number four. The last time I spent the night in the hospital I had a miscarriage. Many years later, I had a baby. It's so strange. Completely different times in my life. One ended in heart ache, the other in joy. 
  6. I've written this before, but I never felt like I was meant to be a Mom. I never had that ease with children that I saw in other people. It's working out though. I was meant to be Anthony's Mom.
  7. I've had Anthony in my life for over five months. I STILL look at him and think, I can't believe he's mine. I can't believe I'm so lucky to have him in my life. 
  8. Non Anthony related. Just a straight up something about me. I went skateboarding once in my life. It was when I was in Korea. I went down a ramp, fell off the skateboard, and landed on my elbow. The next day, when I still couldn't straighten my elbow, I went to a doctor and found out I dislocated my elbow. What did I learn from this? I'm a REALLY good skateboarder. 
  9. While I was growing up, I always dreamed I'd end up living in a big city like Toronto. I haven't ended up there, but did end up with a man from Ontario. If we do end up moving to Ontario, it won't be to Toronto. C is definitely not ever going to live in Toronto. I'm okay with that. 
  10. I love my dog so much. I am constantly feeling mom guilt about him. I just wish I could give him all the attention he wants, and give him as many walks as he needs. It's hard. It's not easy. He's basically a 100 pound toddler.
  11. Gratitude helps me. Being happy helps me. That saying about happiness not being a destination is true, and once I figured that out, I found it a lot easier to live my life. I've had moments in my life where depression was an issue. Some days were worse than others. I was lucky enough to not need medication. Now if I feel myself sinking, I fight like hell to get out of it. Thinking about how wonderful my life is helps a lot.
  12. I can't wait to see where Anthony ends up, but I hope he finds a place, and figures out the happy thing quicker than I do. C and I have been talking about living in a smaller community. That scares me because I didn't love living in a smaller town. I never felt like I had a place in the town I grew up in. I was constantly trying to fit in, and I never really did. I NEVER want my child to feel that.
  13. I love my family. I'm so lucky to have the parents I have and the sister I have. They constantly make my life better, and constantly give me support and encouragement. 
  14. Anthony ended up in the hospital at the end of his first month. It was some of the scariest moments of my life, but I'm proud of myself for knowing to take him to the hospital, and for staying strong. I didn't breakdown, and I'm not sure how I held it together.
  15. I love taking photos. I wish that I could use my photos as art, but I have to focus on my writing. I would love to learn more about taking photos.

That's it. Fifteen was a lot. It took longer that I thought, so I'm going to sign off, and head to bed. (Because Anthony may be up in a few hours.)

Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow.

E




"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and





2 comments:

  1. Erin, congrats on taking up writing again. I enjoyed getting to know you through this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) It feels pretty good to be back at it.

      Delete