Friday 28 October 2016

Habits

October 28, 2016

Today has been a bit rough for me. I'm exhausted, I'm emotional, and I'm feeling a bit like I can't get anything done. 

I recently bought the book Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. Last night I read it to Anthony and couldn't get through it. I cried my eyes out.




Today, I decided to go pick up something from the mall in the morning. I hadn't slept well, and I thought I was motivated at that moment. If I didn't go then, I knew I wouldn't.

As I left the mall, I realised I left my keys in my unlocked car sitting on the diaper bag. (I didn't need the bag because Anthony and I were just going to run in and run out.) I was in the mall for about a half an hour. I'm pretty lucky I still had my car out there when I was ready to leave. This isn't a bad thing because my car was left alone. It's just a forgetful Momma moment.




On the way home, I was stuck in traffic. As we slowly moved along the road, I realised it was because of an accident. For the second time, in 24 hours, I cried. I saw the cars that had been in the accident, and I lost it. So my ride home was me silently crying, and Anthony also crying because the slow going traffic was making him impatient. 

I've been tired and grumpy for most of the day. I finally had a bit of a nap at around 2 when Anthony decided to sleep for longer than ten minutes.


Exhaustion


I just wanted to give a little update of my mood and mind set before I get on with the blog prompts. 

Also, instead of feeling bad about my crappy day of motherhood, I'm going to write about it. I'm going to feel better about my day. With all the cries (from more than one person in the house), all the grumpiness and loneliness, I also had a day full of baby smiles, visits from two different friends, puppy snuggles and baby cuddles. I'm grateful for the good and the bad.





This is what writing does. It helps me get through it all.

30 Days of Me

Day Four

A Habit that you wish you didn't have

Procrastination. This is the worst habit I have. Lately it has taken over my life. There are so many things I want to do, but haven't gotten to yet.

I've always procrastinated, but it's harder now. Being a Mom has made it harder. It's not really an excuse, but it is a reality.

There are a lot of times during the day that I can't do a lot because I have an adorable baby and an adorable dog wanting my attention.
He wants to play. I want a break.


However, when the littlest adorable boy goes to bed, I could easily write, clean, blog, cook. I do clean my kitchen and do laundry daily. That's about it. All the rest waits and waits and waits. Anthony goes to bed, and I watch Netflix. It's another bad habit. I know I should be doing something, but when your whole day is making a baby happy, and holding somebody who isn't able to take care of himself, it's nice having those moments to myself. I stay up to late just enjoying my time.

As you can see, I'm starting to change that by writing every night. It's obviously still 'me' time, but with less laziness than simply watching a show.

Cleaning my house will be the next task.


And that's it. 

Here's a list of habits I'd like to change:


  • Procrastination - things I do while procrastinating: 
    • Netflix 
    • Facebook 
    • Time on my phone 
    • Candy Crush
    • Online shopping (AMAZON)
There's a lot I need to work on. To get more things done, to take better care of myself, to keep a clean house, to write or edit a novel, I need to stop procrastinating. 


E 



"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment