Saturday 29 October 2016

Oh The Places You'll Go (DAY FIVE)

October 29, 2015

Previous 30 days of Posts: DayOne Day Two  Day Three  Day Four

Also, a quick update from yesterday's post. Today is better. I took a day off, and I think it was needed. I got extra sleep this morning, and it helped a lot. I also got a little bit more done today with a baby in my arm, and a dog at my side. I was supposed to go to a Halloween party tonight with Anthony, but I cancelled because of how tired I was. I didn't get dressed today. I needed this day.

30 Days of Me

Day Five

A Picture of Somewhere you've been


I wanted to pick some exotic holiday I've been on, or some adventurous country I have travelled in. I've talked about those.

Instead, I choose these photos. This is Sault Ste Marie in Ontario.

We were there for less than 24 hours. I wanted to share pictures from a place that I've been with my family. Obviously, Anthony is only five months, so there are still a lot of places for us to go and see.

This was our third stop on our way to Clint's parent's house. We drove 8 hours to Winnipeg, another 8 hours to Thunder Bay, and the 8 hours to Sault Ste Marie. (8 hours give or take for all those places.) The drive along Superior is beautiful. I love it. Beautiful spots, beautiful lake, beautiful rocks, beautiful waterfalls. 

This was a drive with a three and a half month old baby, and a 100 pound puppy. We were tired, but loved the sights.

This was our first time staying in Sault Ste Marie. Last time we did it all in two days. That's impossible with a pup and babe. 

We got to our hotel, and Clint took Drogo for a walk. I fed the baby, and tried to relax. I was feeling tired, and a little sick. When Clint got back we discussed meal ideas, and finally after much discussion decided to walk to Pita Pit instead of ordering in. 

Clint really wanted us to walk, and I figured it would be good for me. He even insisted I take my phone as we left for the camera. For the first time ever, I was going to leave it in the hotel.

As soon as I saw the view and the boardwalk, I understood why he insisted on the walk and the camera. It was a great family walk for C and I, the pup, and Anthony. It was gorgeous. There were tons of people walking around and enjoying life. It felt so good. It was a great end to our third day of driving. 


Of course, then the dudes in the room next to us were up all night drinking and being loud, but we survived.

The next day, we headed to our next destination. Another 8 hours to introduce Anthony to his Grandma and Grandpa C. 

It was exhausting, but it was our first trip together, and we had tons of fun, and made lots of great memories. Clint drove in the front by himself for most of the journey, and I sat next to Anthony to keep him calm when he woke up. 

Our first trip together was a great one.

That's it for tonight.

Five days of writing! I'm feeling proud of myself for keeping it up, even though five days isn't a lot.





E 



"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment