Tuesday 22 August 2017

75 Days of Writing

August 22, 2017

It's been a while. No excuses. Just a cute little toddler that takes up my day. I haven't posted on my blog in my downtime. Sometimes Netflix steals me away. I should know better, but I apparently don't. 

Even though I have not been posting on this blog, I have been writing. I don't always write a lot, but I've been writing every day. The last time I posted in June (My Last Post), I had written 3 days in a row. I decided to make myself accountable by posting and using the hashtag #erinswritinglife on Instagram every time I write. I have now written 75 days in a row. I think I'm the only one who is excited about it, but that's okay. It's for me. 

I've been trying to get myself into the habit of writing everyday before I start editing my novel. I read somewhere that it takes 100 days to form a habit, but I don't want to wait 100 days to start editing. 

I've mostly been doing prompts from my prompt book, and writing a sentence about my day every night. I've done a few posts for the Mommy Connections Saskatoon blog. The link is below. I also participated in Camp NanoWrimo. I was able to write 10,500 words in July. It's not as much as I'd like, but it's a start. It's a start! 

I heard a song on the radio the other day, and I liked it so much that I bought the CD. This never happens. Something about the song inspires me to write. It not only inspires me to write, it inspires me to get back to editing my novel. The song has nothing to do with my writing or my life, but something about it motivated me to get back to my book. 


Basically it reminded me that life moves quick, and I should follow my dreams now. He wrote his stories and was singing them by 20. I don't plan to sing mine, but I wouldn't mind them being read by strangers. Either way, any song that motivates me is a song I need in my life.

My goal right now is to be published by the time I'm 40. If that doesn't happen, I'll change my goals, but I need to make a plan for my present. I WILL be published, and the sooner I publish my first novel, the sooner I can get started on my second.

The only way to reach this goal is to do daily goals. I already had the goal to write everyday (hashtag writeeveryday), but I need to get more specific, and I need to work on a variety of writing goals.

Here is my plan for this week:


Excuse the terrible writing (printing). That's why I type things out. Basically, I want to start with editing one page a day. That's nothing. But it's something, and I'm doing it. Next week, I'll have moved on to three pages a day, by the end of the week. Easy goals, but if I follow it, I'll be done another round of editing. 

I'm also planning to do a blog post once a week. No more than that. 

And of course, I will read everyday. Reading is the ultimate inspiration. 

This post is only about my writing, but just a glimpse of what happens when I try to write during the hours Anthony is awake:



Also, as I write this: he's crying. Clint put him into bed, but he's fighting it like crazy. So I'm going to wrap up what may be the most boring post ever, and go try to help get him to sleep.

I should be back next week as long as I follow my schedule. I'll probably do a Momma post next week.

Happy Tuesday! 

“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”


― Jane Yolen





"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment