Sunday 10 September 2017

Mom-Cation Time

September 10, 2017

I'm writing this blog post from a hotel room. A hotel room in my own city. I'm having a Mom-cation.


Anthony enjoying my king sized bed before he and my mom left.


I've been a mom for ALMOST 16 months. This is my first time away from my baby. 

My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday. This is what I wanted. A night away. It's definitely time.  I love my kid, but I think for my sanity, this was very important.


All Alone!


Since Clint is away for work with the dog, my mom is in the city taking care of my baby while I hang out on my own for the night.

I came here planning to write. I will write, but before that I took a REALLY long shower, I danced around in my underwear (which I can do at home, but still took advantage of), and I did my nails. 

The room deal also came with a bottle of wine. Which is basically all I need.

I am writing now. I'm starting with a blog post, and then my journal writings (happy thoughts, prompt, actual journal). I'm also planning to set my new goals for next week, and (of course) edit my novel. I don't usually have time for such lofty goals at home, but I'm going all out tonight. 

Mom and Anthony drove me to the hotel. On the way here, my stomach was in knots. It's silly, but I didn't know if I would be okay away from Anthony for the night.


Who would want to leave this guy?


That was at 3. It's 8 now, and I'm good. I needed the self care. I haven't done as much writing as I planned, but that's fine. This time is me time, and I'm not going to stress myself out.

That being said, every time I text Clint, he asks me if I'm writing. He's good with the reminders. He's holding me accountable, and reminding me I need to actively follow my dream. I'm writing now, and will continue until I have to sleep. I'm ready to sleep now though.

My writing hasn't gone as well as I hoped this week. I wrote everyday, as planned, but I didn't edit as much as I had hoped. I underestimated how hard it would be after Clint left.

When he was home, we took turns putting Anthony to bed. Clint also got up with Anthony in the morning when I needed an extra sleep in. Now, I'm doing it all alone while Clint works (he has the hardest part - being away from us.) It's tough. By the time I get Anthony to sleep, and clean the kitchen (and whatever else has been ignored during the day), I'm exhausted. Writing is easy for me. It helps me. But it's hard to make myself do it. Sometimes I just want to get into bed, have a glass of wine, and watch Netflix.

I have now written 93 days in a row. This week, I wanted to edit five pages of my novel a day. That's not a lot, but I didn't get that much done. I made sure to get AT LEAST one page a day. I refuse to feel guilty. All I need to feel is the urge to do better the next week. And I will. (Or I'll try.)

I don't have a lot to say right now. I'm just here, in a hotel room, all by myself. I'm planning to get a wonderful sleep, and a wonderful sleep in, and I'm planning to write. (Write more than this post.)

I'm staying here until check out tomorrow, so maybe I'll even get a bit of extra writing done in the morning. (Although, I'm planning another EXTRA long shower in the morning.)

This is my life now. Excitement over being alone. So strange. I've said before that being a Mom is a lonely job. It's strange that I enjoy being alone as well. I should want to be out living it up with my friends. (That sounds exhausting.) 

I don't feel lonely tonight, but I'm going to be really happy to wake up tomorrow knowing that I'll be spending my birthday with my son. I don't need much more than that.

Happy Sunday all! 





(The photos are tonight's plans. Reading,writing, eating, and wine.)

“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”


― Jane Yolen





"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment