Friday 1 December 2017

Goodbye Nanowrimo, Goodbye November

December 1, 2017


Great news. December is here, and I am finished Nanowrimo. I finished it one day early, and am so happy I did it!

I have a few things to do in this post. Talk about my Nanowrimo experience, make some important December goals, and post the rest of the photos. 

Nanowrimo

I'm going to be honest, I'm so glad it's over. I actually knew that I'd be able to finish it, but I had trouble keeping the motivation up at times.

Here's what I learned from doing Nanowrimo with a toddler:

  • Writing at night is almost the only option.
  • I really had to work on the procrastination. I forced myself to write the correct amount of words every night.
  • I was exhausted. 
  • I found out what can happen if I push myself. Yes, I've been writing every day for 175 days, but I haven't been pushing myself like I should. I need to be able to edit more than I have been, blog more than I have been, and write more than I have been. So I will.
December Goals
Which brings me to my Creative December Goals
  • Push myself
  • Edit 1000 words a day.
  • Do one or two Christmas crafts a week (for presents)
  • Cards/Christmas letter (I'm cutting back though.)
  • One Blog Post a week
  • Read. Read. Read. Read. Read. Read.
  • Work on my newest Nanowrimo novel. I'm not giving myself a specific goal for this, I just don't want to leave the characters where they are. I owe it to them to finish it. (And then fix it because it's not quite where it should be yet. At all.)
  • Do a December Photo prompt. Post here. (I'll post a weeks worth next week.)



And for the last of the 30-Day Gratitude Photo Challenge 
Nov 27
Sound:
This photo had a few different sounds. The sound of Christmas music on my Amazon Prime music app (I love it). Also, a few minutes after this photo was taken, it included the sound of the red Christmas decoration smashing on the floor. Turns out, I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to Children's photography. No smiles, and then quicker than ever he got up ran, and tossed it to the ground because he thought it was an actual ball. SMASH. Fun night. At least I had the Christmas music.

Nov 28
Comfort:
Anthony and I had a long and exhausting day. It was a comfort to just sit and play with him. We both had a chance to enjoy each other. He's pretty fun.

Nov 29
Art
It's art to me. Writing is art to me.

Nov 30
Love
I love this guy. (He did not love swimming that day, as you can see.) Also, side note, I LOVE my new haircut. Don't worry. I love the toddler more. I love my life. Simple as that. 


That's it gang. Stay tuned for my writing/photo updates as the month continues. Happy December!




“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment