Thursday 18 January 2018

Another Day Another Update

Jan 18, 2018,

Anthony is officially 20 months today. I want him to slow down, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to just saying he's 2. Not counting up the months.

That's not what this post is about. It was just the first thing that came to my mind.

This is my third post this month, and two of them were written in the first week. In other words, I'm not doing my best job at blogging. I guess I'm here now.

I have continued to write every day. I started editing my novel from the beginning at the start of December, and I finished on Sunday night. I'd say two months is pretty good. I'm proud of myself. This also included switching writing programs in the middle of it. The free word program I was using had issues with the spelling, and I was sick of fixing it. I switched to Scrivener (and paid for it). It's been a lot easier to keep myself organised. 

It felt really good to be done. I'm since made it into a manuscript, and sent it off to some new readers. I'm always a little nervous about sending it off for people to read, but it's always been good. Feedback is good, negative or positive.

One person has finished it already, and she texted me comments while reading it. I loved it. It's nice hearing people's thoughts on characters I've spent so much time with.

I'm still going to write every day (for 356 days), but for today, day 223, I'm choosing a blog post as my writing. Tomorrow, I'll get back to novel writing. I'm not touching the other one until all of my readers respond, so I'll be working on an unfinished one. (I've got two unfinished novels, both started during a Nanowrimo. Sadly, they both stop at about 50k.)

This is going to be a short post. I'm exhausted. Clint went to Ontario for work, and I've been solo parenting it since Monday. I've done it before, but it's been a while. Clint is great when he's home. The company is nice. The extra time to write is freaking fantastic.

It's 11. Anthony didn't go to sleep until a little before 10. He was up late, and it makes it hard for me to do anything else if he's up, and I need him to sleep. For my sanity.

Nap times haven't been much better. He's been fighting them like crazy since Monday. I'm guessing it has something to do with Clint being gone. He's been a daddy's boy for the last little while. In fact, I seem to be the only one he doesn't choose to come to lately. 

Either way, by the time I started this post, I was so tired, I ALMOST didn't pour myself a glass of wine. Don't worry though. I went and got one.

Between being a mom, writing, and trying to read, I haven't had a lot of time to do anything else. I try to clean the play area, and the kitchen every night. I've also been trying to organise our basement. It's going to be a major declutter project, but I haven't been spending a lot of time on it. Because I'm tired. However, there are boxes EVERYWHERE so I need to get on it.

(Also, I've been doing planks every day since the start of the month, and have done three days in a row on the elliptical. So far, I'm proud of my month progress.) 

That's my quick update. Writing Writing Writing. Crazy toddler, grumpy toddler, hyper toddler. They're the most important things. 

And of course because I take a million photos, here are a few of my January favourites.

Quick trip to Plenty to fill our freezer.

We made this!


Learning how to cut the wood on my own, since Clint will be gone for months.

Planking with a child on my back.

Big Boy bed!!!!
Coffee and toddler. Writing and wine.

Sad sad goodbyes.

Fun in a car. Basically his best day.

Toddler activities. 

Trying out zen parenting.

Books Books Books

Also every week, I'm taking one day away from social media. It's been lovely. Tomorrow is my social media strike. Next week it'll be Saturday. I think it's been good for me. I love social media - especially Instagram - but it's nice to take a break.

That's my month. And a quick update.

I'll be full of exciting news in my next post. 

Happy Thursday! 






“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment